Bringing quality with the advantage of a turnkey delivery model
- On the critical Crew and Ops functions , BTI was confronted with a the travails of working with a legacy system that was fast getting obsolete.
- Affordability was another issue, with increasing maintenance costs of a system with depleted abilities.
- Ability to self-control application parameters/KPIs as per changing business imperatives and being entirely dependent on a very large application provider for the smallest of changes.
- Rigidity to customize and the few that were undertaken were at a high cost.
- BTI considered ARMS® for a possible replacement of the incumbent and following a six-month extensive due diligence process chose to go with a phased implementation.
The solution consisted of:
- Crew Management Sub-system (CMSS)
- Flight Operations Sub-system (FOSS)
- Commercial Planning Sub-system (CPSS) along with Optimizers
- ARMS® on the TAB™ (EFB)
- The ownership model was based on a one-time license purchase with turnkey project implementation onsite at Riga.
- Monetary: The TCO for the entire system was the equivalent of the AMC budget with the incumbent application software provider.
- Technology: The introduction of Optimizers with the freedom to run the application at will with no restrictions was leap in technology and user experience.
- Customization: The ease, rapidity and affordability of a bespoke solution.
- Support: Onsite Project Management and 24×7 remote support was provided.