What InfoPrompt® V2.5 does
Infoprompt is a robust and versatile repository of information that can work as the engine of a Management Information System (MIS), combined with, an Integrated Document Management System (IDMS). The system allows storage, smart retrieval and access of not only documents of all formats, but also, Digital Video Movies as an on-line video library, or clipart and infographics, as an Image Source Library. A Collaborative Authoring & Publishing (CAPS) feature positions InfoPrompt uniquely as a core of a modern enterprise knowledge management solution.
How is it designed
Design based on epistemology it is built on tested principles of knowledge management. It’s features are:
Easy DIY tools for set up – hierarchical taxonomy makes it easy to assign context, relevance and sub-category based on essential properties (ontology); enables capture and definition of metadata for relevant and accurate search.
Next-gen tech specs – smart Windows client that interacts with the RDBMS (MS SQL 2005/ 08) at the back-end.
Smart Storage – all content “checked in” resides within – an efficient Technical Library for documentation, plus, a digital storage for records.
Easy Admin – Rights & Access Control Management is secure and it can assign rights with high granularity, e.g., control by cabinets, folder, or sub-folder level.
Intuitive Client – content can be accessed by users through eDOCs application which can be used on any device
How it works
In an airline/ MRO environment, InfoPrompt® helps create, configure and manage a comprehensive Technical Library; for the storage and retrieval of the technical documentation supplied by aircraft manufacturers and other OEMs, plus, the wealth of documentation the organization generates (and needs to archive) during operations. InfoPrompt® is a centralized knowledge repository that users can access from anywhere via the Internet.
At the heart of the system lies the InfoPrompt® Server, which,
- Creates user-definable taxonomy structures for the content libraries
- Enforces highly granular levels of access control, down to object level
- Provides for user-definable metadata fields to improve search functionality
- Allows users to place non-invasive comments on content with Meta-notes-on-file feature
- Contains content routing and forwarding within database, accessible only by authorized users
- Has a built-in scanner support for digitizing paper and film
List of Modules & Functionalities
- eDOCs Reader – available on Windows app, browser and tablet environments, ensures highest level of security restricting content access from IP & MAC addresses. Users can create individual taxonomy structures and organize content as ‘favorites’ and add meta-notes-on-file to exchange comments
- Collaborative Authoring & Publishing System – CAPS – simplifies the process of authoring, editing and revising large technical publications and policy manuals; supports multiple stylesheets rendering various output formats, enabling hyperlinking of content within a publication, as also, externally to other projects. CAPS allows multiple users to work on a project simultaneously, facilitating review and approval workflows to ensure information security, integrity and confidentiality
- Object Organizer
- Tab Manager
- Mobile Manager
- Crew Portal Manager